High healed Footwear, (abbreviated as high heels or heels) is footwear that raises the heel of the wearer’s foot significantly higher than the toes. High heels come in a wide variety of styles, which are of different shapes including stiletto, pump, blade, tapered, block and wedge.
High heels offer practical benefits for people of short stature in terms of improving access and using items. For example, reaching items on shelves, it likewise changes the wearer’s posture, requiring a more upright carriage.
However these are the five (5) disadvantages or negative effects of high heel:
- It can render the wearer unable to run
- It causes a decrease in the normal rotation of the foot, putting more rotation stress on the knee, resulting to joint disease of the knees after frequent wearing.
- It pushes ones chest forward – This can be permanent.
- Wearing heels can also cause the entire pressure of the body fall on the lower back. This pressure falling on the lower back can cause back pain.
- Many women find it difficult to walk with high heels for longer time. Difficulty in walking may also increase chances of losing balance and falling while walking.
Use high heels Sandals very rarely. Try to avoid high heels if you are not driving your own vehicle. Wearing high heels regularly may cause serious leg and foot injuries in the future. The mentality of many women is that high heels indicate higher status, but remember, status is worthless if old age is full of leg and back pain.