The Apple iPhone has come a very long way in a little over 10 years. Its CEO, Steve Jobs unveiled a widescreen iPod with touch controls, a revolutionary internet device and a breakthrough mobile phone which was just in one piece and was called an iPhone, on June 28, 2017.
However, the price kept this most anticipated device from reaching so many hands and lives, then, there was a chop in price. The original iPhone sold up to 6 million units in its first year and now with new upgrades and new model, it sells hundreds of millions every year.
When Steve Jobs said to his team, the world would never remain the same, he was unarguable right!
- Apple’s iPhone wasn’t the first Iphone. Cisco system originally patented the name “iPhone for its VoIP phone before Apple released the iPhone. Apple actually got sued but they later both reached a settlement.
- Samsung makes iPhone’s Processors. While many believe Samsung is Apple’s biggest rival, they really don’t know Samsung makes the processors for iPhone.
- The App Store on iPhone was the first place to legally download an App for free or for a fee.
- The original iPhone project was top secret. When building the iPhone, there was a secret code name for the project which was “purple”.
- The Secret Behind 9:41. All iPhone in Apple advertisement always shows 9:41. It is the exact time when Steve Jobs unveiled the original iPhone in 2007.
- About 49% of people actually sell their old iPhone before purchasing new ones. This happens a lot as most people prefer to sell their old iPhone to get the new or latest ones.
- A lot of people don’t know that everything said to Siri is sent to Apple, analyzed and stored.
- Apple’s brand is work US$118.9billion. This is the world’s most valuable brand.
- Many iPhone users don’t know that if you use iTunes on your device, you have already agreed to the term of not using Apple product to create nuclear weapons.
- The Retina Screen. This is the most expensive component which is up to $28.50, which ofcourse doesn’t take into account the design, branding and even assembling of the iPhone, which is why the phone is expensive.